The City of Arlington currently serves approximately 5,200 utility accounts. Each unified utility bill includes water, sewer, stormwater, and or ambulance services. Each water meter is read monthly.
You may also pay your bill online at Xpress Bill Pay.
Auto Payments: Auto Pay may be set up using Xpress Bill Pay by creating a log in for your account or contacting the Finance Office.
Shut Off Notices
If you receive a bill with past due charges, please consider this bill your notice that your water may be disconnected if payment is not received by the due date on the bill or if payment arrangements have been made in our Finance Department. If you wish to make a payment arrangement, please come to our office to fill out the appropriate paperwork or fill out the form online.
Change of Occupancy
The customer of record that requested service is responsible for all charges on the account until the City of Arlington has been notified of any changes. Please notify the Finance Department when you no longer will require services or you will be billed until the next customer requests services.
Change to Billing Cycles, Effective April 1, 2019
Currently the City of Arlington has two billing cycles.
- Cycle one is billed the 15th of every month
- Bills for this cycle are due the 5th of every month
- Cycle two is billed the 1st of every month
- Bills for this cycle are due the 20th of every month
Effective April 1, 2019 the City will synchronize our billing dates for utilities to a single cycle per month. This is being done to address limitations with our financial system that makes a single billing cycle for our utilities more effective.
- Cycle one customers received a letter in their February 15 and March 15 billings explaining the change and the impact to our customers. You can find the letter here.
- Cycle two customers received a letter in their February 1 and March 1 billings explaining the change and the impact to our customers. You can find the letter here.