Competitive Salaries & Benefits
The Arlington Fire Department is a combination fire department consisting of 27 career members and approximately 15 volunteer positions. An administrative staff consisting of an Acting Fire Chief and an Executive Analyst leads the Organization.
Full Time Employment
The City of Arlington utilizes Public Safety Testing for applications and testing of entry level Firefighter/EMT and entry level Firefighter/Paramedic positions. Please visit the Public Safety Testing website. The City of Arlington offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The Department maintains a maximum of 35 part-time positions. Applications are accepted at any time and we draw from the pool of applications when a position opens. We are always accepting applications. Link to North County Regional Fire Authority Employment Page.
Minimum Requirements for Part-Time
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Washington State Certified
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 certification
- Current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card (must be within one year of dated application)
- Valid Washington State Driver License
- Valid Washington State Department of Licensing Driver’s Abstract, acceptable to the city
- Successful completion of a criminal history check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination