- All businesses physically located within the city limits require a business license.
- All businesses whose annual value of products, gross proceeds of sales, or gross income of the business in the city is equal to or greater than $2,000 and do not maintain a place of business within the city must obtain a business license.
- Permitted Home Occupations require a Business License.
- For vehicles for hire require a Vehicle for Hire License (PDF) Opens a New Window. is required along with the business license application.
- For motor vehicle wrecker or towing operator a Tow Truck Addenda (PDF) Opens a New Window. is required along with the business license application.
- For any kennel, cattery, grooming parlor, pet shop, or animal shelter a completed Animal Regulation Addenda is required along with the business license application.
- Any non-profit organization (501 (c) (3)) within the city limits are exempt from applying for a business license.
- Your business must be registered with the State of Washington prior to obtaining a City of Arlington business license. Contact the Department of Licensing for more information. You may call the Olympia office at 800-451-7985 or online.
- Business Licenses are non-transferable. Licenses must be displayed on the wall of your business. Your local sales tax code is 3101 and must be included in the appropriate place on the State Tax return.
Applications & Fees
- Annual license is $60
Business license renewals are due June 30th and fees paid at the time of application will be prorated as follows for new applications:
- July 1 to September 30 - $60
- October 1 to December 31 - $45
- January 1 to March 31 - $30
- April 1 to June 30 - $75 (includes $15 for the last quarter of the current year and $60 for the coming year’s renewal)
Questions or additional information can be obtained by emailing the Permit Center or calling 360-403-3551.