Solid Waste & Recycling Services
What the City does
The City of Arlington provides cost effective and customer friendly solid waste and recycling collection services through an agreement with Waste Management Northwest, along with public education and outreach activities that promote reduction of waste and reuse of recyclable materials. The City requires all citizens to subscribe to a waste collection service, even if they do not receive a City utility bill for water and/or sewer services.
The Public Works Utilities Division also contracts with a consultant to be a customer assistance liaison. They provide consumer education and encourage recycling to reduce the volume of solid waste the city generates. We also work with Code Enforcement to offer annual or semi-annual household clean-up opportunities, including collection of recyclable and hazardous wastes.
Waste Management Northwest
Inclement weather? Check here for Service Alerts.
Contact Waste Management Northwest at 800-592-9995 or through their website.
- Contact Waste Management Northwest at 800-592-9995.
- If you have specific questions about recycling, email Solid Waste and Recycling.
- To report suspected code violations involving unsanitary accumulations of solid waste, contact the City Code Enforcement Officer at 360-403-3457.
- Contact the Public Works Utilities Division at 360-403-3526 for general questions or if you need additional assistance.
Snohomish County Transfer Station
North County Recycling and Transfer station is located at 19600 63rd Avenue NE, Arlington.
County Transfer stations are no longer accepting electronic recycling in the recycling area. You may request a list of outside collection locations at any Solid Waste facility or call 425-388-3425.
SOLID WASTE NEWS & UPDATES
NOTICE 4-30-2020 Snohomish County Transfer Stations
For the most up-to-date service information, please visit the Snohomish County website
Snohomish County Expands Solid Waste Facility Access for Residents
Transfer stations will be open seven days a week 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., additional drop box location to open
EVERETT, Wash., April 24, 2020 – In response to changing pandemic conditions, Snohomish County will expand access to Solid Waste facilities for the public starting Saturday, May 2. Transfer stations will be open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily to both hand-unload, self-haul customers and mechanical-unload customers. The Sultan and Dubuque drop boxes will open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on various days of the week to hand-unload customers only. Both groups of facilities will have additional restrictions.
There will be no recycling or household hazardous waste disposal at any of the facilities and credit and debit cards are the only forms of payment accepted, no checks or cash. Yard debris will only be accepted at transfer stations as garbage and all loads will be weighed for payment at transfer stations.
“We would like to continue to encourage those who can stay home to not visit the facilities and for residents to bring items in cans or bags for quicker unloading,” Snohomish County Solid Waste Director Matt Zybas said. “We are hoping to expand access later in May as long as the health of our community continues trending in the right direction.”
For more information, the public can call 425-388-3425.
NOTICE 3-18-2020 Message from Waste Management NW:
No impact to our City of Arlington curbside services:
- Effective March 18, 2020, we are temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). So residential customers will not be able to call in for a period of time. Digital Chat will still be available!
- We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible. So within the next few weeks, our customer service representatives will work remotely soon.
- At this time, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service.
- For the most up-to-date service information, please visit City of Arlington-Waste Management NW website.