Solid Waste & Recycling Services
NOTICE 3-17-2020 Message from Waste Management NW:
No impact to our City of Arlington curbside services:
- Effective March 18, 2020, we are temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). So residential customers will not be able to call in for a period of time. Digital Chat will still be available!
- We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible. So within the next few weeks, our customer service representatives will work remotely soon.
- At this time, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service.
- For the most up-to-date service information, please visit City of Arlington-Waste Management NW website.
- The COVID-19 situation is evolving daily. As circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide updates to our customers and communities.
What We Do
The City of Arlington provides cost effective and customer friendly solid waste and recycling collection services through an agreement with Waste Management Northwest, along with public education and outreach activities that promote reduction of waste and reuse of recyclable materials. The City requires all citizens to subscribe to a waste collection service, even if they do not receive a City utility bill for water and/or sewer services.
The Public Works Utilities Division also contracts with a consultant to be a customer assistance liaison. They provide consumer education and encourage recycling to reduce the volume of solid waste the city generates. We also work with Code Enforcement to offer annual or semi-annual household clean-up opportunities, including collection of recyclable and hazardous wastes.
Waste Management Northwest
Inclement weather? Check here for Service Alerts.
Contact Waste Management Northwest at 800-592-9995 or through their website.
County Transfer Station Changes Hours of Operation
The current hours/days of operation are shown below; they have been in effect since June 28, 2009. The locations are North County (19600 63rd North East, Arlington); Airport Road (Everett); and Mountlake Terrace.
- Granite Falls: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Oso, Gold Bar: Closed
- Recycle Area: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday; 8 to 4 p.m., Saturday through Sunday
- Transfer Station: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday through Sunday
County Transfer stations are no longer accepting electronic recycling in the recycling area. You may request a list of outside collection locations at any Solid Waste facility or call 425-388-3425.
- Contact Waste Management Northwest at 800-592-9995.
- If you have specific questions about recycling, email Solid Waste and Recycling.
- To report suspected code violations involving unsanitary accumulations of solid waste, contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 360-403-3457.
- Contact the Public Works Utilities Division at 360-403-3526 for general questions or if you need additional assistance.