Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
The 2020 Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
- Manhole Cover and Valve Adjustments: Water valves, sewer, and stormwater manhole covers across Arlington will be adjusted to better match the grade of the surrounding roadway.
Traffic and Project Updates
204th Street Roundabout:
- Construction to begin August 24, 2020
- Olympic Place will be closed at 204th for the duration of construction. Please see the Detour Map for alternative routes.
- Traffic will go down to a single lane flagger controlled roadway on September 24th during normal work hours. Two way traffic will resume during non-construction hours. Please expect delays when traveling in this area. See traffic control plan.
67th Ave Rail/Trail Crossing:
- Construction to begin August 18
- BNSF will be replacing rails and paneling on August 18th and 19th. Centennial trail will be closed during this time with detours available. Northbound traffic will be down to one lane with flagged controls at some points during the day.
- September 14 - Construction to begin on the realignment of the Centennial Trail Crossing on 67th Ave NE. The Centennial trail will be closed approximately 35 days during the construction period from 204th St Ne to 191st St NE. Trial users please see the Detour Map for an alternative route. North bound traffic will be down to one lane. Please expect small delays in this area.
2020 Utility Improvements & Pavement Preservation Project:
- Week of August 31st - Water main installation and road work will continue to happen on Robinhood Drive.
- Week of September 7th - The contractor will be finishing up services on Robinhood Dr. Catch basin work to start on E 4th street and N Clara Street.
- Week of September 14th - Curb ramp and stormwater system upgrades will continue on 1st and Hamlin as well as the completion of the water main installation on Robinhood Drive. Grinding and repaving of the road will be done on 43rd Ave NE.
- Week of September 18th - This week the water main installation on Clara and 4th will be finished and the City's contractor will start to do water line tie-ins on Stillaguamish, Robinhood and 3rd.
Water Source Expansion Project
- August 17 - Drilling to start in the Stormwater Wetlands Park area
- September 10 - Drilling to start in the Haller Park area.
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.