Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
The 2021 Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
- Utility Iron Adjustments: Water valves, sewer, and stormwater manhole covers across Arlington will be adjusted to better match the grade of the surrounding roadway.
Traffic and Project Updates
2021 Utility Improvement and Pavement Preservation:
- Estimated start: End of May
- Week of May 24th - Construction will start on High St (from Division to E 5th St) and Macleod Ave (from Division to E 4th St) this week. Please expect delays and parking changes in these areas.
- May 27 - The City's contractor is ahead of schedule and will begin utility work on S French St. tomorrow from Highland to Jackson. Please expect delays in this area.
- May 28 - Next week the City's contractor will start the utility work on French from Jackson working their way north. They will also do the final striping on Stillaguamish Ave, 1st St, 4th St and Clara St. Please expect travel delays in these areas and parking changes.
- June 4 - Next week, Reece Construction Company will continue to install the new watermain and services on French Ave.
- June 11 - MacLeod will be closed today from 4th to Division while the contractor paves the roadway. Next week they will continue work on French, MacLeod, and 4th with the installation of the new waterline and water services as well as starting the demolition of non-compliant ADA ramps.
- June 18 - Next week, Reece Construction will continue with the installation of the water services and water line on French Ave, and the demolition of the non-compliant ADA ramps. If weather permits, they will begin installation of the new ADA ramps.
- July 9 - Next week, the City's contractor will start water testing on the new water line installations on French Ave, High St, and McCleod Ave.
- July 16 - Reece Construction has been hard at work installing new water lines in the Old Town Arlington area. Next week, Reece will continue working on the new the water lines, water services along French Ave, fire hydrants throughout the project, and curb and sidewalk repairs on French Ave., 1st St and 2nd St. Please continue to expect delays when traveling in this area and changes to parking.
- July 23 - This next week, Reece will continue the water pressure and purity testing on the new water lines along French Ave, MacLeod Ave, 4th St, 3rd St, and High St. Please continue to expect changes in parking, detours, and delays when driving in this area.
Utility Iron Adjustments
- June 4 - Starting Monday, NW Infrastructure will begin work on the 2021 Utility Iron Adjustment Project. This year's work will focus on Olympic Ave between Fourth and First St and be completed in two weeks. Construction hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Flaggers will be used to direct traffic around the work zones. Please expect delays.
- June 18 - NW Infrastructure will continue work on Olympic next week replacing the water valves that are damaged or have settled. They will start at the south side of Olympic and work their way north. Traffic will be flagger controlled. Work will start on Monday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM .
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- I-5 SB Stillaguamish River Bridge Project
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.