Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
The 2020 Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
- Manhole Cover and Valve Adjustments: Water valves, sewer, and stormwater manhole covers across Arlington will be adjusted to better match the grade of the surrounding roadway.
Traffic and Project Updates
204th Street Roundabout:
- January 19 - Over the next two weeks the traffic control plan will remain in place during working hours while the contractor finishes the ADA ramps, pours the last bit of concrete for the sidewalks and center island apron, paves the west entrance to McDonald’s/Chevron and brings in the topsoil for the landscaping. At that point the roundabout will be fully functional. Starting in February, the current traffic control plan will be removed, except for occasional work until the weather permits the final paving and installation of permanent striping, and landscape plants.
- February 18 - Starting Monday February 22nd, the City’s contractor will begin installing the street lights in the 204th St roundabout area, work is scheduled to be complete by the end of the week. There will be short periods of flagger controlled traffic to accommodate this work. Please be cautious when driving through this work zone and be courteous to the workers. The final paving is still on hold until the weather permits, estimated to be around early spring.
Island Crossing Temporary Signal Replacement:
- Project start date of January 19, 2021
- January 19 - The contractors schedule has changed for this week. They will be doing shoulder work from 8am to 4pm. This will not affect traffic flow. However, please be cautious when traveling in the area.
- January 28 - Next week the contractor will be moving from night work to day work. They will be working from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday on the shoulders. The work being done should not affect traffic flow, but please be cautious if you are traveling in the project area.
- February 11 - Starting tomorrow the project will be suspended while WSDOT performs testing. Work is scheduled to resume the beginning of March.
- March 2 - Due to delays in equipment delivery, the project will continue to be suspended for an additional few weeks. The City will keep you posed as to when the project will resume. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-403-3544.
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.