173rd ST NE Phase 1
The City of Arlington will be constructing the first phase of a new two-lane road, 173rd St NE. While the planned 173rd St alignment will eventually extend between Smokey Point Blvd and Airport Blvd, this first phase will extend from Smokey Point Blvd to 40th Ave.
This roadway will include a 12-foot wide multi-use path, street lighting, landscaping, low-impact drainage and a privacy and sound fence along the north side of the roadway.
- Improve access
- Alleviate congestion on 172nd
- Increase Pedestrian Safety
- Boost vehicle safety
Project Cost and Funding
- Engineer’s Estimate: Pending
- Funding source: Transportation Improvement Funds
- Design 2020/2021
- Estimated bid time: spring 2021
- Construction: Fall 2021
Coordination with Local Residents
Regular schedule updates will be provided by the City to keep local businesses and community apprised of the project progress and any potential impacts.
If you have questions or concerns on this project, please contact the City Project Hotline at 360-403-3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project Conceptual Plan
- Fence Alternative Memo
- Open House Presentation
- Preliminary Bid Tab
- Certified Bid Tab
To translate documents, download the document then click the link: https://translate.google.com/
- May 05, 2020: Perteet Consultants selected for design
- October 15, 2020 - An online Open House will be held at 6pm. Please email email@example.com to be added to the invite list if you would like to attend.
- April 8, 2021 - Out to Bid
- May 17 - Project awarded to Reece Construction Company
- September 17 - The construction of 173rd St Phase 1, a new 2-lane roadway from Smokey Point Blvd to 40th Ave NE, is scheduled to begin at the end of September. The project will include a 12-foot wide multi-use trail to the south, street and trail lighting, landscaping, and a sound barrier fence along the north side of the road. Construction of the roadway is estimated to be complete in late spring to early summer of 2022.
- October 1 - Mobilization will begin on the 173rd Street Phase 1 project on Monday, October 4th. Reece Construction is scheduled to begin the project with the demolition of the curb ramps and construction entrance on Smokey Point Blvd, and clearing of the project area. Construction will be Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. There should be minimal disruption to traffic; however, you may experience some delays in travel times.
- October 8 - This week, the City’s contractor, Reece Construction, started work on the 173rd St Phase 1 project with the excavation and clearing of the new roadway area. Next week, work will continue with road excavation and clearing, and prepping/starting installation of potable water infrastructure. The work will take place Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- October 15 - This week Reece Construction continued work on the 173rd St Phase 1 project with installation of silt construction fencing along the project area, ground clearing, and installation of a new water main. Next week, work on 173rd St Phase 1 will include water system testing and flushing, water tie-ins, , and delivery of the new bio-pod stormwater system.