Stormwater Wetland Park Maintenance Projects
The Arlington Stormwater Wetland Park will have a number of projects to maintain, restore and improve functionality of the wetland and to enhance the experience for public activities. Throughout 2021 and 2022 areas inside the wetland will see closures and detours as maintenance projects occur. The projects will include the removal of sediment in Cell 1, the removal of invasive species and planting of native species, repairs to bridges and weirs, and replanting of a Native Growth Protection Area.
- Restore full capacity to wetlands
- Improve nutrient uptake
- Increase pedestrian trail safety
- Support NGPA Restoration
Project Cost and Funding
- Engineer’s Estimate: $80,000
- Funding source: City of Arlington Stormwater Operations and Capital Funds
- Design and Planning by City of Arlington
Coordination with Local Businesses / Coordination with Residents.
Progress updates will be provided by the city to keep local residents and businesses apprised of the project and any potential impacts.
If you have questions or concerns on this project, please contact the City Project Hotline at 360-403-3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stormwater Wetlands Park Map
- 2021 Project Overview Map
- Sediment & Tree Removal Map
- Sediment Removal Route Map
- Stormwater Park Trail Closure Map
To translate documents, download the document then click the link: https://translate.google.com/
- Biological Assessment conducted 12/2/2020
- 120 trees planted with the help of Rotary and Boy Scouts in April 2021.
- Stormwater Wetlands Park will be closed 9/13 and 9/14 for maintenance work.
- Sept 16 - Cell 1 sediment removal is complete. The sediment is being stockpiled at the old barn site to later be graded and planted with native pollinator vegetation. The trails around Cell 1 will remain closed until October 8 for trail and grounds restoration.