- Parks & Recreation
- Eagle Festival
- Art Show, Poetry & Photo Contest
Art Show, Poetry & Photo Contest
Fine Art Show & Eagle Photo Contest
Event Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
Art Show Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Olympic Theater Cafe, 107 S. Olympic Avenue, Arlington, WA 98223
Show features the natural depictions of the beautiful Pacific Northwest flora and fauna as created by local artists in all media types.
Sponsored by the Arlington Arts Council
- Open to Snohomish County, Skagit County and Island County residents
- $5 per entry for up to four entries
- Youth entry fee is a donation to the food bank
- One eagle photograph (for eagle photo contest) and up to four entries total
- Artwork must be sized from 8-by-10 inches to 18 by 24 inches (including frame)
- Photos can be framed or canvas wrapped
- All 2-D art must have a wire for hanging
- All entries must be labeled on back with artist’s name and phone number
- Submit art with completed entry form
- Art must be picked up after the show on Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Youth art must meet art entry requirements
- Youth art will be judged in two categories:
- Up to 10 years old
- 11 - 17 years old
- Youth are eligible for Best of Show award. Ribbons are awarded in Youth Category.
Eagle Photo Contest
Photos submitted for the photo contest will be featured on the City and Arlington Art Council social media.
Eagle photo first place $200.
You can submit 1 entry.
Eligibility: Open to residents in Snohomish County, Skagit County, and Camano Island. Photos should be of local eagles.
Along with cash prize, the winning eagle photo may be displayed on the City’s website, featured in the City newsletter, on the promotions for the Eagle Festival, and may be used in other ways to promote the City and future Eagle Festivals.
Link to photos entered in 2021 contest
- Best Eagle Photo $200 with ribbon
- Best Nature Photo $100 with ribbon
- Best Nature Art- 2 Dimensional $100 with ribbon
- Best Nature Art - 3 Dimensional/other media $100 with ribbon
- Best Youth Nature Art (0-10 years) $50
- Best Youth Nature Art (11-17 years) $50
How to Enter Art and Photos
Please complete this entry form.
Forms available at the drop off location also.
Deliver: Up to four entries to Olympic Theater Cafe, in downtown Arlington, on the day before the show, Friday, February 3, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
No submissions will be accepted after this time. Olympic Theater is located at: 107 S Olympic Avenue, Arlington, WA.
Haiku Poetry Contest
The Nature Haiku Poetry Contest is presented by Arlington Arts Council.
Prizes are $50 for first place , two categories, Youth up to 17 years, and Adults age 18 and older.
Contest ends January 27, 2023 at midnight.
The Nature Haiku contest is open to Snohomish County residents. Haiku poets are challenged to convey a vivid message in only 17 syllables. The format of the haiku should be the traditional non-rhyming three line poem of 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second line, 5 syllables in the third line, and have no punctuation. The theme of the poem should be connected to nature. You may submit a maximum of two haiku, each on its own entry form.
Enter Online or by mail to: City of Arlington, Recreation, 238 N Olympic Ave, Arlington, WA 98223, or place in utility payment box on outside of City Hall, 238 N Olympic Avenue.