Please Note - The City of Arlington is No Longer Accepting Firefighter or Volunteer Firefighter Applications For Employment.
During the February 9, 2021 Special Election, voters overwhelmingly approved annexing the Arlington Fire Department to North County Regional Fire Authority. Thank you! Annexation is critical to maintaining the quality and level of emergency services our community requires.
Annexation officially takes effect on August 1, 2021. In the months ahead, the City is working to integrate fire department systems, emergency personnel, staff, operations, and facilities with those of NCRFA.
Full Time Employment
The City of Arlington utilizes Public Safety Testing for applications and testing of entry level Firefighter/EMT and entry level Firefighter/Paramedic positions. Please visit the Public Safety Testing website. The City of Arlington offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To apply for a position please visit the North County Regional Fire Authority Employment website.
Minimum Requirements for Part-Time
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Washington State Certified
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 certification
- Current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card (must be within one year of dated application)
- Valid Washington State Driver License
- Valid Washington State Department of Licensing Driver’s Abstract, acceptable to the city
- Successful completion of a criminal history check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination