Debora Nelson, Position 3
- Term expires December 31, 2021
- Appointed to fill an unexpired term in 2011.
- Elected January 1, 2018.
I am a semi-retired professional photographer. For 15 years owned Photographic Journeys Studio located in Historic Downtown Arlington.
I was raised along the Pilchuck River in Lake Stevens, WA. My husband Bob and I have been married 40 years, we have 2 grown children, a lovely daughter-in-law, grandchildren, and several well-loved rescue cats. We built our home and the studio here in Arlington in 2005 and we have enjoyed living in the Historic Downtown neighborhood of Arlington.
I love to read, garden and take my daily walk. I love to travel the world and explore, photographing along the way.
Volunteer for MOPS, Advocate for the Community Cat Coalition, Purrfect Pals and NOAH, served in 2011 as Downtown Arlington Business Association President.
Throughout my years on council I have had the opportunity to serve as:
- Council Liaison for Transportation and Community & Economic Development
- Snohomish County Citizens for Improved Transportation (SCCIT) Board Member
- 2016 Transportation 4 America Leadership Academy Member
- Council representative on the AFD Sustainability Task Force
- Prior Snohomish County Cities Representative on the Transportation Policy Board at Puget Sound Regional Council
I am known as a photographer who captures personal stories. I look for those extraordinary moments throughout the journey of life. Likewise I look for the extraordinary moments to network and team work with people in our town. I love living in Arlington! It is a wonderful town as both a business owner and a citizen. I believe we are at a moment in time when we can choose to grow responsibly in a manner that will ensure the continued economic growth and historic charm of Arlington. We are able to make decisions that will guarantee a strong, sustainable community that is complimentary to our Northwest values of family and environment. I believe in working to enhance the safety of our citizens, I have focused on implementing the Complete Streets ordinance that promotes safety and health for all our citizens throughout Arlington. I am honored to serve my community, working for the future of Arlington.