Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
The 2021 Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
- Manhole Cover and Valve Adjustments: Water valves, sewer, and stormwater manhole covers across Arlington will be adjusted to better match the grade of the surrounding roadway.
Traffic and Project Updates
Island Crossing Temporary Signal Replacement:
- April 19- Wednesday the contractor will return to do the final striping at the Smokey Point Blvd / SR 530 signal. This work will occur from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM and will require lane shifts. Please be cautious when driving in this area.
- April 27 - Tomorrow morning starting at 8:00 AM, the City’s contractor will begin the installation of the curb on the southwest corner of the intersection. This work will require the closure of the south side shoulder and will occur during the construction hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
2021 Utility Improvement and Pavement Preservation:
- Estimated start: End of May
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.