Work for Arlington Police
Consider joining an excellent team of officers and support staff as a full-time employee!
10 Reasons to Work With Us
- A busy community that has some big city problems but in a like-able small town environment that is balanced between residential, retail and manufacturing and then add the aviation component of the airport! Policing is not boring in Arlington with lots of property crime, drug offenses and traffic crashes, home to nearly all of the School District facilities, a hospital, and regional treatment centers.
- Strong sense of service and community by the employees. You know the community and they know you.
- First-class equipment, training and facilities
- Up to-date technology with new computers in both the station and in the vehicles, cellular phones, digital cameras in every car.
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally in both full-time assignments and collateral assignments, like detectives, drug detection dogs, anti-crime team assignment, school district officer assignment, supervision and management.
- Salary and benefits that is competitive with nearly all the cities in the region. Also, there is additional pay for college degrees, and having special assignments within the Department.
- Patrol officers also receive 144 hours of pay for the year’s holidays in November of each year. This is nearly an additional month’s pay!
- A very popular 12-hour work schedule for patrol officers of 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off, 2 days on and 2 days off. So, regardless if you are the newest or the oldest officer, you will have every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.
- With 26 officers and 5 support staff, we are small enough to be personal and tight knit but large enough for growth and opportunity.
- Each of the four patrol teams has three officers. Employee safety and being responsive to the community are two our guiding principles. The Special Operations team has 5 detectives and a school resource officer.
Applications for lateral entry will be accepted on a continuous basis. Applications are available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arlingtonwa.
Entry level applicants, or those with no civilian police agency experience, may start the application process by taking the written and physical agility exams through Public Safety Testing. For additional information about Public Safety Testing or to sign up for testing, visit their website or call them toll-free at 1-866-HIRE-911.
After applying, all applicants appear before an oral interview panel. These oral interviews are scored and combined with your written test score to provide a final score. The scores are put in numerical order, with the highest point total being first on the list, and then certified by the City's Civil Service Commission.
Once the list is certified and the department has a vacancy, the Police Chief receives the top five applicants for in-depth testing. From the day of the first appointment with the Police Chief to the first day of work, the time span can be about 60 days.
If you are thinking about policing as a career, consider riding with us. To arrange for a Ride Along, call us at 360-403-3400 or come by the police station, which is located at:
110 E Third Street
Arlington, WA 98223
Please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information.