- City Projects
- Public Works Projects
- Completed Projects
- 67th Ave Rail Trail Crossing
67th Ave Rail Trail Crossing
The City of Arlington will be upgrading the BNSF Centennial Trail crossing at 67th Ave in the summer of 2020. This project will include upgrading the railroad signal system to LED, installing an additional pedestrian warning light, and modifying the railroad crossing surface for realignment of pedestrian/bike path.
- Improve crossing angle
- Increase pedestrian safety
- Improve visibility
Project Cost and Funding
- Engineer’s Estimate $228,000
- Funding sources:
- Federal Section 130 Grant
- City of Arlington Multimodal funds
- Designed by TerraVista NW
- Construction late summer 2020
Coordination with Trail Users and Local Businesses
The City will be reaching out to the community through e-news and City website postings. Once the project is awarded and a construction schedule is known, signage will be installed on Centennial trail to appraise trail users of the upcoming project. Working with BNSF on this project. It is a rail trail crossing and will not impact local businesses.
If you have questions or concerns on this project, please contact the City Project Hotline at 360-403-3544 or email@example.com.
- Centennial Trail Detour Map
- Centennial Trail Detour Map Phase 2 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- July 16, 2019 - Easement with BNSF signed
- August 18, 2020 - Construction to begin
- August 18 & 19, 2020 - BNSF to replace rails and paneling, Centennial trail will be closed during this time.
- September 14 - Construction to begin on the realignment of the Centennial Trail Crossing on 67th Ave NE. The Centennial trail will be closed approximately 35 days during the construction period from 204th St Ne to 191st St NE. Trial users please see the Detour Map for an alternative route. North bound traffic will be down to one lane. Please expect small delays in this area.
- Paving was completed on Friday October 9th. The Centennial Trail will re-open once the striping has been finished.
- October 20 - Permanent striping was done yesterday and the trail is OPEN to all users.
- March 22 - Friday, March 19th, BNSF installed the LED rail/trail crossing system. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>