204th St NE / 77th Avenue NE Roundabout
The City of Arlington is upgrading the intersection at 204th Street NE and 77th Avenue NE with the installation of a roundabout to improve vehicle safety and mobility through the intersection. Additional project benefits include improved pedestrian crosswalks, street lighting, transit stop pullouts, and site amenities and landscaping to enhance this neighborhood gateway.
- Improved pedestrian safety
- Improved mobility
- Enhanced bus stops
- Improved street lighting
- Community gateway
Project Cost and Funding
- Estimated project cost $3.6 million
- Funding sources:
- Grant from Washington State Transportation Improvement Board (TIB)
- Growth impact fees
- City of Arlington Funds
- Puget Sound Regional Council
- Design summer/fall 2019
- Construction during summer 2020
Coordination with Local Businesses and Residents
Regular schedule updates will be provided to keep local businesses and residents apprised of progress on the project. Potential impacts to vehicle and pedestrian travel, as well as business and community transit access will be minimized during construction as much as possible.
If you have questions or concerns on this project, please contact the City Project Hotline at 360-403-3544 or email@example.com.
- June 1, 2020 - Project awarded to Reece Construction
- August 24, 2020- Construction to begin
- August 24, 2020 - Olympic Place will be closed at 204th St NE for the duration on the project. Please see the detour map above for alternative routes.
- September 24, 2020 - Traffic will go down to a single lane flagger controlled roadway during normal work hours. Two way traffic will resume during non-construction hours. Please see traffic control plan above. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>